Chief Operating Officer
A $250M private equity owned, power generation equipment manufacturing based in the mid-Atlantic area of the US was looking to hire a new COO.
1) Equity firm wanted someone who had previous experience working for a PE owned company that understood urgency required to be successful
2) CEO desired someone who also understood power generation manufacturing and could walk the line of pushing the organization forward in the areas of operational and supply chain improvements but also managing cultural change in a high performing business.
3) Needed to hire quickly as incumbent was exiting.
1) Intake call with CEO & PE firm was completed to ensure alignment
2) We immediately traveled to business and walked manufacturing floor to ensure we understood current state as well as desired state & culture of organization
3) Immediately we put our team to work to begin to identify source companies, building call plans, networking and setting interviews
We took the search on 1/11/19 and six fully vetted candidates were presented within 7 days. An offer was made presented to candidate on 1/31/19 of which he accepted on 2/1/19 and started on 2/11/19. Per the CEO, the candidate has made an immediate impact and we continue to support this new COO by helping him build his team. The results have been affirmed by the Private Equity firm as they contacted us in April to start a similar search with another one of their portfolio companies.